Parker County, Texas shows all the beauty of the north central part of the state – a hilly expanse occupying 576,000 acres rippled through by 17 tributaries of the Brazos and Trinity Rivers, lakes, and year-round springs. When the first settlements were established in the late 1840s, the territory was known as “The Oasis of the West.” Along with the abundant supply of water, pioneers stayed because of the area’s prairie grasses, native stone, timber, and rich soil.
Today, Parker County is home to 135,813 permanent residents. It lies 38 miles west of Fort Worth and is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area. Over the past five years, the county’s job growth has outpaced the national average – from 2013-2018, jobs in Parker County increased by 9.8% compared to the national average of 7.8%.
If you want tranquility, traditions, and a thriving economy, Parker County is a great place to put down roots.
Homes for sale in Parker County
Parker County is made up of six cities and six towns, with Weatherford being the county seat.
Homes for sale in Parker, TX run the gamut – from a 3-bedroom single-family home located within a 5-star independent school district to an immaculately maintained 10-bedroom historic home with great views.
Parker County real estate also includes gorgeous, 300-acre horse ranches, along with a stunning multi-acre equestrian facility with a 17-stall barn, among many others.
The economy is strong in this part of the country as jobs continue to grow in the leisure and hospitality sectors. Other top growing occupations are in sales, office and administrative support, education and training, and healthcare.
Browse our listings to find the best property that suits your needs.
Attractions in Parker County
Every city of Parker County is proud of what they have to offer:
- The City of Aledo hosts family-friendly annual events including the Aledo Fest, Circus, and Christmas Tyme in Aledo. The weekly Farmers Market happens from March to November.
- With a daytime population of 25,000, the City of Hudson Oaks showcases signature events like the Craft & Cork wines and spirits fest in October and COHOHO, a choreographed holiday lights display at Gene Voyles Park that runs from Thanksgiving to New Year.
- The City of Reno’s paved Reno Rail Trail allows walkers and cyclists to enjoy flowering trees, colorful benches, a covered picnic area, and – surprise! – a little library along the 5.1-mile path.
- The City of Springtown’s 33-acre park has playgrounds, volleyball courts, soccer and baseball fields, and an 18-hole disc golf course. A jogging trail winds along a creek bed with newly discovered dinosaur tracks.
- The City of Weatherford calls its collection of over 60 Queen Ann, Victorian, and other stunning turn of the century homes as its “greatest treasure.” The crown jewel is the Parker County Courthouse, which was completed in 1886.
- The City of Willow Park has more than 53 walking and biking trails and the semi-private18-hole Squaw Creek Golf Course which is notable for its Bermuda grass greens.
Contact a real estate agent
If you are looking for an area that is easygoing and offers a calm and comfortable life for you and your family, the cities and towns in Parker County might be perfect for you.
The proximity to major cities like Dallas and Fort Worth also gives you the option to kick things up a notch when you wish and return to tranquility at will. For new families, this place may be the haven in which they can raise their families
Whether you wish to live in a small town like Annetta or larger cities like Weatherford, we at HBS Real Estate will be happy to find a home for you.
We stay on top of the market trends and always present you the best options for homes or land for sale in Parker County. As seasoned agents, we know the area through and through. Call HBS Real Estate today at (817) 550-6666 for inquiries.